Wednesday 14 December 2016

The countdown begins: 7 Weeks until True Believers

7 weeks is so near and yet feels so far away. I am internally screaming about making sure I get my costume done in time.

True Believers is the first event of the year for me and is a great event to kick off the cosplay season with especially as it will be my 9th year of cosplaying. I've been thankful to of been asked back to be a guest, one of the panel hosts and will be holding maybe a workshop or two at this year's event.

I am looking forward to being back in the cosplay hall and getting to spend time with my cosplay bae Kurostylr as I rarely see him out of events. If you haven't bought your ticket so far then click here, you won't regret it. 

myself with the bae
This will be the 3rd year that True Believers has ran and I'm not just saying this because I've been lucky enough to be guest now 3 times. It is my favourite comic event without a doubt. It stays true to its roots and is so purely focused on actual comics rather than celebrities from films/TV shows from a decade ago or actors who have had very minor roles which is more common of the UK comic book events are circled round. It's a really refreshing event to attend. 

It's also a really good place for cosplayers, new or old. There is a whole hall dedicated to cosplay where you can hang out, some cosplayers like myself have a stall, you can enter the cosplay masquerade and there are some really fabulous photographers at the event. We will also have workshops and the panel   

I've had a hard time choosing a costume due to my limited time to get a costume made, spraining my ankle which has resulted to me being signed off work for a month and I like too many characters.

I will discuss over another blog how I determine my cosplay choices and why in more detail. Just so you know, I've gone with Kitty Pryde in her Star Lady form because Guardians of the Galaxy is my life and Starlord X Kitty Pryde is my OTP.

Starlady/Kitty Pryde
Progress so far: I bought the wig in the Black Friday event from Coscraft. This wig is actually designed for Sailor Jupiter but it's absolutely perfect for what I wanted. I wanted a detachable ponytail clip due to wearing the helmet. 

Using Beautycam app and wig/make up test in a care bear onesie because I'm classy.  
All the rest of the clothing and everything is planned out where I am buying it from or how I am altering it. This isn't going to be a costume made completely from scratch due to time limitations and my sprain is causing issues with me using my sewing machine. Stupid foot peddle and silly ankle is not friends. 

I'm also at the stages of planning out what I want to convey at both the panel and my workshop. I will be planning on talking about positivity, dealing with anxiety and networking in cosplay. They are pretty interesting topics to discuss and quite happy to be doing something slightly different from makeup and body positivity. I'm actually in the midst of writing up my blog about how to get yourself involved in events as I've been a panel/workshop host since either 2009/2010 in several events across the UK.

So leave you guys with a question, what do you guys enjoy most about conventions? Or if you have never attended why haven't you?
Thats enough of that for now,
Chevi    X



 




No comments:

Post a Comment